Have you been partaking in the #bigread12 daily challenges, published in daily blog posts, on Twitter, and (usually) on Facebook. We were posting daily, but thought the pre-warning may help some think about the materials.
21st February 2012
- What do you hope to get from #bigread12?
- What does #Lent mean for you?
22nd February 2012:
- How do you prepare for a journey? What do you need to take with you? #preparejourney
23rd February 2012:
- Who inspires you? #Inspirer
24th February 2012:
- Jesus says ‘Follow Me’. Who do you follow? Give a #FF for someone who challenges your thinking.
25th February 2012:
- The weekend is a time for rest. Challenge: Turn phone off for an hour & consciously engage with something.
26th February 2012
- This is a day to reflect on our temptations? What tempts you? #Tempter
27th February 2012:
- Where do you find as a good space to reflect? Cosider geotagging yourself there.
28th February 2012:
- Think about your giftings. How do you identify these? #giftings
29th February 2012:
- #BigRead12 What do you think of the #gospels? Do you trust them? Find them remarkable? Find something new whenever you read?
1st March 2012:
- #BigRead12: Plant a seed. What does it require to grow? Add photos online. Can we get #bigseed12 going?
2nd March 2012:
- It’s OK to feel fearful. Can we collect enough words to create a Wordle out of words related to abandonment/fear? Use #wordfear in tweets.
3rd March 2012:
- Are you scared of silence? Try being silent: take time out to listen to your deepest thoughts.
4th March 2012:
- There are questions of suffering in today’s Tom Wright’s notes. What good online resources are there about suffering?
5th March 2012:
- We read of the calm in the storm. -What verses encourage you that God is with you (consider linking to online verses)?
6th March 2012:
- What is holding you back? Link to images, verses, etc. that encourage us in our desire to ‘Fly free’.
7th March 2012:
- What is/are your #rulesforlife, e.g. eat healthy, have fun?
8th March 2012:
- When interrupted, do you react with the generosity of spirit that Jesus demonstrates in today’s verses?
9th March 2012:
- #Do1NiceThing (see Paul Blakey’s post:http://bigbible.org.uk/2012/02/do1nicething-love-your-streets/)
10th March 2012:
- What does it look like to #behuman?
11th March 2012:
- How do your #churchexpectations impact your church experience? or
- Create a ‘beauty in creation’ Pinterest board, e.g.http://pinterest.com/drbexl/awesome-world/. If they are your copyright, look to upload to 12Baskets so a wider audience can use them.
12th March 2012:
- Encourage someone who has exceeded your expectations #LoveMonday
13th March 2012:
- How much does a church exterior tell you about the interior? #churchexpectations
14th March 2012:
- Challenge: Connect outside your comfort zone. #challengemythinking
15th March 2012:
- Mad, Bad or the Son of God? Describe Jesus in 120 characters. #Jesus120
16th March 2012:
- What one word would you use to describe #Jesus? #1wordJesus
17th March 2012:
- What images of Jesus would you select? Link us to a Pinterest board, or select from http://12baskets.co.uk/search?search=Jesus§ionHandle=images.
18th March 2012:
- What are you #thankful for?
19th March 2012:
- What do you think are the causes of spiritual hunger today?
20th March 2012:
- How does the use of (decontexualised) quotes change the meaning (of what was actually said)?
21st March 2012:
- Look at things from a different angle. Start with http://floorsix.blogspot.com/ & try and guess what the objects are.
22nd March 2012:
- “Whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant”. What does this look like for us?
23rd March 2012:
- What is our ‘cloak’? What is so precious we won’t give it up? #mycloak
24th March 2012:
- What can we add to the hashtag #ConversationStarters?
25th March 2012
- Take delight in scripture. Whats your #faveverse?
26th March 2012:
- What roadsigns could be used to illustrate our spiritual life? You could look here for UK roadsigns: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Highwaycode/Signsandmarkings/index.htm.
27th March 2012:
- What character do you most identify with in the Bible? #Biblecharacter
28th March 2012:
- What do you want your life to look like? Write your own epitaph, which will highlight what you “have achieved”.
29th March 2012:
- Can you think of examples where cultural differences may change the #Bible message for us?
30th March 2012:
- Pick up a newspaper. Read a story. Pick up a Bible. How do the two inform each other?
31st March 2012:
- Today is a really long read Mark 14.1 – 15.47. Take the time to read it, & contribute your first thoughts.
1st April 2012:
- Culturally, we’re not keen to talk about death. As we prepare for Holy Week, check into http://www.dyingmatters.org/.
2nd April 2012:
- What’s the #bestpresent that you’ve ever received. What value (not £) was the gift to you?
3rd April 2012:
- Can you pick a parable and give it a modern day interpretation? #modernparable
4th April 2012:
- The Servant King: How do you feel watching the treatment that #Jesus underwent?
5th April 2012:
- Think of places you have visited (local/global) and how this has changed your perspective. #travelchanges
6th April 2012:
- How do we know when something is ‘finished’? #itisfinished
7th April 2012:
- Think through what it means to wait for something, and appreciate it again in a new light.
8th April 2012:
- Look out for today’s live crowdsourced online service organised by @vahva #Easter
9th April 2012:
- Think of scars that you may have, and what lessons they may have taught you?
10th April 2012
- It’s a bank holiday. We should take time to stop in a busy world. Time to celebrate the new start that we’ve been offered.
11th April 2012
- How did your #bigseed12 do? Think about the value of small steps in a journey of change.
12th April 2012
- #Nothingisimpossible. What change would you like to see in the world?
13th April 2012
- What does truly giving look like? #trulygiving
14th April 2012
- We may be the only #Bible that some people see. How should that affect the way we live?
15th April 2012
- What did you get from #bigread12?
- What is your post-Easter resolution – what transformation have you felt?