The conference was held on Saturday 15th October. The aim of the conference was to Inspire, Equip and Connect attendees so that they are able to make an impact in the digital space. What follows is the marketing information from the event:
- Be Inspired by what is happening inside and outside the Christian community, get a fresh vision for what can be achieved online.
- Be Equipped by a choice of 16+ breakout sessions covering a huge range of subjects and geared to provide you with the practical know-how you need to get things done.
- Get Connected to other delegates and speakers during networking sessions and breaks. Link up with key agencies in the exhibition area.
What will the day look like?
Spend a day with over 30 speakers as they share with you the skills and knowledge you need to increase your impact. Be challenged to think about new media in new ways in our dedicated Theology stream, in partnership with CODEC, University of Durham. The conference is made up of main sessions covering topics of interest to everyone and break-out seminars focussing on specific subjects. Whether you are a newbie or a seasoned pro, the conference will have sessions and talks that are just right for you. Last year was the inaugural conference, and suggestions have been taken on board, with the following improvements:
- Greater choice of breakout sessions
- More time allowed for each breakout session
- More networking time in the day
- Improved exhibition area
Who Should Attend?
This conference is aimed at people coming from a mix of five perspectives:
- The Church Perspective: Discover how a local church can integrate new media seamlessly into church life.
- Theological Perspective: Get to grips with the theological issues involved with new media, the conference includes a dedicated theological stream.
- The Practitioner Perspective: Those involved in creating websites or distributing new media content will discover how to achieve maximum impact from their work.
- The Social Animal Perspective: People who are highly connected online and blur boundaries between the on and off-line world.
- The Organisational Perspective: Those working in charities and business who want to use new media to drive sales, donations and customer/supporter relations.
You can find out more and book (only £27.50) on the conference site. CODEC/The Big Bible Project are co-organising the conference with Premier Christian Media.